Resume for Michelle Bonat
LEADER | DATA AND AI | PRODUCT ENGINEER
See My Portfolio
See My Blog
- Business: Exec leadership, financial services domain, innovation, collaboration, global scale software, blockchain, crypto
- AI, Machine Learning & Data Science: TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib
- Techniques: Deep learning, Time series analysis, Statistical analysis, Real-time ETL data pipelines
- Languages: Python, Ruby, Java (Java as a manager)
- Tools: SQL, APIs, Node.js, Angular, Twilio, SendGrid
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle, Redis
- Cloud Services: AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku
- Misc: Open source contributor, coding teacher.
- Data Simply, Inc., 2016 - present
CEO / Co-Founder / Data Scientist,
Palo Alto, CA
- Co-built automated SaaS platform and data products creating personalized investing signals from text in company SEC disclosures using data science
- Drive product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Delivering 100MM+ real-time automated insights for financial sentiment and sustainable investing (ESG)
- Deployed ETL data pipelines at scale: improved data quality 59%, with 83% faster processing, and 99% automation
- Run the business; raised funding; closed partnership with industry leader for full integration into their platform.
- Insight Data Science, September - November 2018
AI Engineering Fellow,
San Francisco, CA
- Selective program to build applied AI systems with group collaboration
- Built Ethereum funds flow predictor as consulting project achieving 98% precision
- Created pipeline using blockchain, custom datasets, and machine learning (Logistic Regression, Random Forest, GridSearchCV, Sequential)
- Applied Deep Learning to new $200BN Crypto asset class.
- Ariba & Startups - Director, Product Management, 2004 - 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
- Software product leader at three acquired companies
- Defined and rolled out company-wide product roadmap
- Drove successful Asia launch of world's largest B2B marketplace
- Led 12 PM teams for product conception through launch and multiple iterations, user types, and delivery methods.
- Oracle Corp - Group Manager - Financial Applications Engineering, 1997 - 2004
Redwood Shores, CA
- Led Financial web application development engineering and PM team of 40 building, testing, and maintaining large-scale software systems
- Innovative approaches raised flagship iExpenses to market leader
- Introduced agile for 6X faster to market for $50MM revenue stream
- Led customer adoption program to 100% referenceability.
- BMO - Financial Quant, 1995 - 1997
- Created cash-flow based financial models to analyze banking transactions
- Spearheaded development of new complex derivatives product.
- Bloc Code School
5 month full stack engineering bootcamp.
- Kellogg School, Northwestern University
- Northwestern University
Volunteer and Open Source
- FinTech Sandbox, 2014 - Present
Contribute open source code to facilitate the quick and effective adoption of a variety of financial data services.
- Railsbridge 2017 - Present
Work as a volunteer to help teach coding to under-represented groups.
- OS4W 2017
Contribute code to platform that helps women work on more open source coding projects.